Anthropology (The City) Assignment Paper
This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
Anthropology (The City)
• Thomas Belmonte. The Broken Fountain. (New York: Columbia University, 1989).
• Philippe Borgois. In Search of Respect. (New York: Cambridge University Press).
• The Course manual is attached as additional file
Assignments should reflect the course material found in the course manual and textbooks. Students are welcomed to bring in a bit of their own research but must cite that material using APA.
Students are required to answer ONE of the following two questions.
1. Toennies, Durkheim, Marx and Engels, Weber and Simmel all viewed the development of the modern city as a transformation from rural communities to urban society. Examine some of their ideas on this transformation.
2. Examine some of the major differences and similarities of the works of Robert Park’s “Human Ecology”, Louis Wirth’s notion of “urbanism as a way of life” and Harris and Ullman’s “nature of the city