Business Finance-financial planning process
Respond to the following question:
As part of the financial planning process, a common practice in the corporate finance world is restructuring through the process of mergers and acquisitions (M&A). It seems that on a regular basis, investment bankers arrange M&A transactions, forming one company from separate companies. What are the advantages and the disadvantages of a merger? In your response, provide an example of either – a merger that was successful, or one that was unsuccessful.
- Write a paper of 600-750 content words (title page, abstract and reference page not included), double-spaced format (Times New Roman 12-point font), 1 inch page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side, with reasonable accommodation being made for special situations and online submission variances.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines, including a title page, an introduction, and a conclusion. An abstract is not required. Cite in text and include a References section. A template is included in the assignment.
- In your report, make certain that you include at least threecredible outside references from search engines or scholarly sources from the APUS Online Library.
- Note that your attached paper will automatically be submitted to Turnitin, and an Originality Report should be sent back to the classroom within around 15 minutes. The Originality report does not actually recommend changes. It does point out where you may need to add a citation or quotation marks (if not already cited). Once you use it a few times, you will appreciate this tool, as it will assist you in improving quality and content, as well as avoid plagiarism. Your goal is to keep direct quotations to a minimum and to make sure that you do not just cut and paste material. Ensure that all your references are cited. A report with a similarity index less than 20% is acceptable for graduate level work.
- In the Assignment dropbox, please attach your paper as a file, do not copy & paste.Submit your assignment by11:55 pm ET, Day 7 (Sunday).
Your paper will be evaluated according to the Writing Assignment Grading Rubric shown below. To maximize your grade, be sure to use the proper organization (intro, body, conclusion) and follow APA style. Your paper should have a title page and reference page, but you do not need an abstract for this assignment. See the PowerPoint presentation attached for APA assistance.
|Guidelines||Writing Assignment Requirements|
|· Response demonstrate a clear understanding of the key elements of assignment questions.
· Responses thoroughly cover the elements in a substantive manner.
· Response demonstrates critical thinking and analysis.
· Content is complete and accurate.
· Introduction and conclusion provides adequate information on the given topic.
|· Paper structure is clear and easy to follow.
· Ideas flow in a logical sequence.
· Introduction provides a sound introduction to the topic and previews major points.
· Paragraph transitions are logical and support the flow of thought throughout the paper.
· The conclusion thoroughly reviews the major points.
|· Sentences are well constructed, complete, clear, and concise.
· Words used are specific and unambiguous.
· The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment.
· Grammar, spelling and punctuation are correct.
· APA guidelines (6th edition) are followed, such as title page, headers, citations, references, etc.
· Effective use of aids, such as sections, summaries, table of contents, indices, and appendices (if appropriate)