Essay-Government Control of Technology
Government Control of Technology
– Very few elected officials in America have professional training in science or technology. Does this inhibit the effective governance of science and technology?
– Do you think that the American government would be substantially different if most senators and congresspersons previously worked and scientists or engineers instead of lawyers, as is the case today?
– Should it be a requirement to serve on science and technology committees?
– Find an example of a piece of legislation or political movement that was wrongly founded on the misunderstanding of basic science and technology. Give a brief background. Should this movement/bill been supported or unsupported?
– How will this continue to affect our country’s rank in science and technological development in the future, should this model of governance continue?