I am writing to you regarding your advertisement
This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
By Kenneth Beare. English as 2nd Language Expert
Kenneth is an ESL teacher, trainer, and content developer. He provides consulting services for English language learning projects through Englishfeed. You can follow Kenneth on Twitter. on his Google profile: Kenneth Beare. or on Facebook to stay up to date on his latest English learning materials.
Updated August 29, 2015.
Here is an example cover letter written in response to an advertisement in the newspaper. Before taking a look at the letter, read through the cover letter tips and useful key phrases to use in your own cover letters.
Tips for Writing Cover Letters
- Always refer to the exact position for which you are applying.
- Refer to how you found the position.
- Point out those aspects of your career which you feel are especially important.
Continue Reading Below
- Don’;t point out too many of your qualifications. You’;ve enclosed your resume for that purpose.
- Refer in a positive way to a future interview Don’;t be shy about stating that you’;ll follow-up.
Referring to the Position
- I am writing to you in response to your advertisement for.
- I would like to apply for the position of.
- I’;m interested in applying for.
Pointing Out Important Qualifications
- As you can see from my enclosed resume, my experience and qualifications match this position’;s requirements.
- I would like to point out. immediately upon his return.
- During. I improved (furthered, extended, etc.) my knowledge of.
- I was responsible for.
Referring to Future Interview
- I look forward to an opportunity to speak with you in person.
- I look forward to speaking with you personally.
- I look forward to discussing how I can.
Cover Letter Example
2520 Vista Avenue
Olympia, Washington 98501
April 19, 2001
Mr. Bob Trimm, Personnel Manager
587 Lilly Road
I am writing to you in response to your advertisement for a Legal Assistant specializing in Port Regulatory Law, which appeared in the Seattle Times on Sunday, June 15.
Continue Reading Below
As you can see from my enclosed resume, my experience and qualifications match this position’;s requirements.
I especially would like to point out that I graduated Cum Laude from The University of Tacoma and was hired directly upon graduation due to my expertise in port authority regulations.
During the four years that I worked for Shoreman and Co. I further deepened my knowledge of the fast changing regulatory laws in our state. My employer also thought highly enough of my abilities to promote me to head legal researcher after my first year of employment.
I look forward to an opportunity to personally discuss the position with you. I will call you within the next five days to arrange an interview.
Example Cover Letters