Identify two organizational/management practices that you believe contribute to job dissatisfaction and explain why they have such an effect. Use appropriate examples to demonstrate your point. |
The United States has seen a trend of increasingly high job dissatisfaction. A survey conducted for the Conference Board in 2009 showed that only 45% of Americans were satisfied with their jobs. This was a significant decrease from a 61% satisfaction rate in 1987 (Gibbons, 2010). Job dissatisfaction is highly correlated with a negative impact on organizational effectiveness (Pfeffer, 2007). The origin of much of this dissatisfaction can be traced back to specific organizational/management practices (typically controlled by the Human Resource Management Department). Examples include lack of work–life balance programs, unfair performance appraisal processes, and a lack of training, development, and career planning.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, the readings for this module, and the Internet, research factors contributing to job dissatisfaction.
Review the following from the Internet:
- Gibbons, J. M. (2010). I can’t get no . . . job satisfaction, that is.
New York, NY: The Conference Board.
Review the following from the Argosy University online library resources:
Respond to the following questions:
- Identify two organizational/management practices that you believe contribute to job dissatisfaction and explain why they have such an effect. Use appropriate examples to demonstrate your point.
- Examine why organizations often do not address this problem effectively.
Your final product should be a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document, which uses a minimum of three sources from professional literature. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov). Be sure that you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
For a custom paper on the above or a related topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content