And that’s a pretty correct insight to get a historic period when people got burnt at the stake just as they were amazing (thus, practiced witchcraft — evident, is not it?) Or believed in science over in God.
Michael Servetus was the first scientist from Europe to explain properly the blood circulation between the heart and lungs. Would you guess how he was rewarded for that? Right — the church called him a heretic and burned him with a “purifying” fire. And what about Giordano Bruno who supported the concept that the Earth wasn’t the center of the world? Did the church spare his life? Quite a period to produce discoveries, isn’t it?
However, you reside in a completely different world where matters are being respected and developed, and also the access to advice is (almost) limitless. So, let’s take a peek at 20 MLA research paper topics that you can readily explore today, but might have been burnt for from the Middle Ages.
- The Foundations and Logic of Mathematics (Famous Greek female scientist, Hypatia, was burned for promoting mathematical ideas in 415 C.E.)
- The Model Math Theory for Formal Languages
- Poker and Math – the Fundamental Theorem That Explains the Best Decisions in the Game
- Stereometry – How Mathematical Science Shapes the Space
- Distant Solar Systems and the Possibility of Life on Other Planets (Remember Giordano Bruno? Poor guy just predicted the direction of cosmological theories, and got brutally killed for his vision.)
- The Actual Difference between Asteroids and Planets
- The Big Bang Theory and Philosophical Questions It Raises
- The Origins of the Moon: the Most Likely Theories
- Dark Energy and What We Know about It
- Multiple Translations of the Bible and the Analyses of the Differences (William Tyndale was a famous linguist who created the English translation of the Bible which was pronounced a heresy. In 1536 he was punished for that at stake.)
- Notions That Has Been Changed Through the Years of Translating the Bible
- Contact Linguistics: Knowing Two and More Languages
- Language and Cognition in Terms of Linguistics
- The Connection between Pulmonary Cycle and Bronchial Circulation (The contribution of Michael Servetus to blood circulation studies will never be overestimated.)
- Stem Cells Research: Pros and Cons
- Correct Diet as the Main Tool to Avoid Cancer
- Antibiotic Resistance as the Next Health Global Problem
- Genetic Predisposition to Heart Diseases and Ways to Eliminate It
- The Role of Robotics in Medicine
- Did Humans emerge to Eat Meat and Drink Milk?
No matter how interesting the themes sound for you, you’d have been punished if you’d selected to explore them in the medieval times. Though, if you had confessed that your sings, the prosecutors would be more merciful and strangle you before burning. Sorry for the horrible details, but that is the cruel fact, so cheer up! You can now study anything you want without any consequences.