Network Defense Strategies
An overall security management strategy includes a number of facets, from policy through risk assessment to application of controls and analysis and audit of those controls. The network defense strategy is a critical component of an overall security management strategy. There are an increasing number of best practices and standards that apply to network design, including the use of zones and segments which was covered in Unit 6. In order to meet policy and design objectives, it is important to understand the tools and technologies that are available to support those objectives.
Complete the Toolwire lab and use it as a foundation for this assignment. When submitting your assignment, attach the two screenshots you were asked to capture as part of the lab to this assignment to document successful completion of the lab.
Use the Toolwire lab and the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2– 3-page paper that covers the following topics:
- Identify cyber-defense technologies and procedures.
- Evaluate cyber-defense tools that are used to proactively mitigate the risk of external attacks.
- Evaluate cyber-defense tools that are used to proactively mitigate the risk of attack by a malicious insider.
- Explore strategies available to organizations that will facilitate early detection of a network security attack.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 2–3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.