Networks can be very dynamic in terms of changing patterns of communications. One minute a network may be running smoothly with no delays, while the next minute there are network slowdowns. Regularly monitoring your network is vital, because there are many factors that can influence its performance.
Another reason why network activity changes is that client activity changes on the basis of times of the day and days of the week. Finally, a network may be slow because of an attack on one or more servers or workstations, from malicious software, a denial of service attack, buffer overflows, and other reasons.
For the final deliverable for this assignment, prepare and record an 8–10 minute presentation using a technology application of choice (PowerPoint, Prezi, Keynote, et cetera). Provide a professionally written script that ties directly to the presentation. Submit the script as an attachment and include a link to the recorded presentation. The presentation should address the following areas:
- Analyze strategies for maintenance and monitoring of a secure network design in an organization.
- Create recommendations for maintenance and monitoring tools to support maintenance of a secure network within an organization.
- Create recommendations for policies and procedures that support maintenance of a secure network within an organization.
- Explore strategies security professionals within an organization can use to enforce current network hardening best practices.
- Written communication: Written professional script that aligns to the presentation and is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA standards for style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 5–10 slides, excluding the references page.