The Case Study focuses on CVP (Cost-Volume-Profit), break-even, and margin of safety analyses which allows students to experience working through a business scenario and applying these tools in managerial decision making. |
This is a preview of an assignment submited on our website by a student. If you need help with this question or any assignment help, click on the order button below and get started. We guarantee quality, 100% plagiarism free work or your money back.
The Case Study focuses on CVP (Cost-Volume-Profit), break-even, and margin of safety analyses which allows students to experience working through a business scenario and applying these tools in managerial decision making.
Resources: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
Tutorial help on Excel® and Word functions can be found on the Microsoft® Office website. There are also additional tutorials via the web offering support for Office products.
Scenario: Mary Willis is the advertising manager for Bargain Shoe Store. She is currently working on a major promotional campaign. Her ideas include the installation of a new lighting system and increased display space that will add $24,000 in fixed costs to the $270,000 in fixed costs currently spent. In addition, Mary is proposing a 5% price decrease ($40 to $38) will produce a 20% increase in sales volume (20,000 to 24,000). Variable costs will remain at $24 per pair of shoes. Management is impressed with Mary’s ideas but concerned about the effects these changes will have on the break-even point and the margin of safety.
Complete the following:
- Compute the current break-even point in units, and compare it to the break-even point in units if Mary’s ideas are used.
- Compute the margin of safety ratio for current operations and after Mary’s changes are introduced (Round to nearest full percent).
- Prepare a CVP (Cost-Volume-Profit) income statement for current operations and after Mary’s changes are introduced.
Prepare a maximum 250-word paper including the answers to the questions above with supporting calculations for management addressing Mary’s suggested changes.
- Explain whether Mary’s changes should be adopted. Why or why not? Analyze the above information (three bullet points above) and use this information to support your suggestion.
There is not a grading rubric for this assignment.
Show your work in Microsoft® Word or Excel®. .
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment
For a custom paper on the above or a related topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content